Neck and low back pain are a very common complaints and can be caused by a number of contributing factors:
- Trauma (motor vehicle, falls, sports injuries)
- Muscle imbalances (Iliotibial band syndrome)
- Postural dysfunction (ie. head forward posture)
- Degenerative changes (disc herniation, ostoarthritis)
- Nerve irritation (sciatica, piriformis syndrome)
- Muscle trigger points
- Imbalances in the bones of the pelvis
- Joint irritation or inflammation
- Congenital issues
A review of your activities on a daily basis is done to see if some minor changes can help prevent future problems. For example, we may suggest changes in your work station or the addition of simple movements and stretches into your work day in order to manage the changes your body is going through due to your work position.
At Second Narrows Massage Therapy our practitioners assess your spine, soft tissues, and nervous system to provide the proper treatment, education and exercise to relieve the symptoms and prevent re-injury.